- The cost of manual snow buildup removal from industrial flat roofs is expensive.
- Our snow melting system uses EPDM rubber tube strips which can be walked upon. Hot anti-freeze or hot air removes the built up snow before it has a chance to build up.
- The system is driven directly from a standard hot water heater or hot air heater at minimum operating cost
- The material cost is $2.00 per square foot of roof + $2.00 per lineal foot of PVC manifold piping + $1,000 for pumps, heat exchanger and controls.
- All components can be shipped by UPS or FEDEX
CALCULATION OF OPERATING COST OF ROOF SNOW MELTING SYSTEM FOR TYPICAL FLAT ROOF
AREA OF ONE LINEAR FOOT OF RUBBER EXTRUSION = 0.5 ft2
BTU/hr conducted/convected per linear foot of rubber extrusion to atmosphere for 50°F rubber temperature at 20°F air
= 0.5 x 2 x 30°F – 30 BTU/hr
Total thermal energy loss/ft of extrusion = 30 BTU/hr
Total thermal energy loss for a 100 ft. long rubber extrusion = 3,000 BTU/hr.
Total thermal energy loss for a 100 ft. x 100 ft. roof with rubber extrusions 1 ft. apart
= 50 x 3,000 = 150,000 BTU/hr = 1.5 gallons of oil or therms of gas per hour
At $4.00/gallon of oil, the operating cost during a snow fall = $6/hour.
For electric backup @ $0.20/3413 btu 150,000/3413 x 0.20 =$8.80/hour