SOLAROOF™ HEAT PIPE ROOF-INTEGRATED COLLECTOR
ROOF-INTEGRATED SOLAROOFTM INSTALLATION IN TRUMBULL CT
Our solar thermal evacuated tube heat pipe SOLAROOFTM works with your existing heating system to cut the cost of your heat and hot water in three easy steps:
- The sun heats the evacuated heat pipe collector tubes in our SOLAROOOFTM installed in your roof and heats the water in your existing hot water tank or our special water tank.
- That heat is transferred to your existing domestic hot water, heating system or swimming pool to supplement or replace your existing system.
- You will see an immediate reduction in your monthly heating bills and you can monitor your energy production on-line.
Solar Thermal is different than Solar Photovoltaic (PV) which creates electricity. Solar thermal creates hot water for washing or space heating, and is up to four times more efficient than PV in generating energy (watts). PV is typically 15% efficient in converting solar energy to electrical watts, while solar thermal is more than 70% efficient in converting solar energy to thermal “watts” (BTU’s)
Our SOLAROOOFTM is different than other solar thermal panels, which look like “postage stamps” on roofs and are subject to mounting leaks and wind damage. The SOLAROOOFTM system is aesthetically installed between the roof rafters with minimum protrusion, and replaces the typical shingle roof in the installed area. It also saves roofing material and lasts indefinitely, thus saving roofing replacement costs. Finally, our collectors are highly efficient evacuated tubes similar to “thermos bottles” since they minimize heat loss through their vacuum interface. This greatly improves their efficiency in converting solar energy to heat even in low sun brightnesses. They can boil water even when the outside air temperature is 0°F !!
SOLAROOFTM is SRCC certified for all state and federal tax credits and solar rebates. SRCC No. 2011137A
- ROOF INTEGRATED PV/THERMAL PANELS
- Hybrid Panel for Developing Countries
- Solar Swimming Pool Heater Panels
- Flat Roof Snow Melting
- Sun Simulators
- IR Blackbody Sources
- Modular Solar Panels
- Discrete Filter Radiometer
- Spacecraft Sensors
- Emergency Electrical Power Back Up